Glass Shop Manager
Crystal Glass Canada
200 - Head Office Edmonton
Depending on Experience
Glass Shop Manager
The Glass Shop Manager is responsible for promoting and maximizing the store culture. She/he will exhibit sound reasoning and accurate judgment in the decision-making process with the ability to alter approach, develop alternative solutions and manage the daily operations of the Glass Shop and its activities. The Glass Shop Manager will be responsible for maximizing sales and profitability, proactive staff development, controlling expenses and shortages and maintaining Crystal Glass Canada Ltd. brand standards within the Shop. The incumbent manages the day-to-day operation of the Shop, ensuring costs are contained within targets, maximizing store profitability and ensuring that a high level of customer service is delivered at all times, managing any issues that could arise with our customers. The Manager coaches and motivates the team to deliver all targets and leads by example.
- Prepare the employee work schedule ensuring that the Glass Shop is properly staffed to handle the customer load
- When necessary, resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Develop plans to accomplish long and short-term goals for the Shop.
- Work with reporting personnel to accomplish established goals toward the continuance and the growth of the Shop.
- Develop, communicate and implement plans to maximize sales to meet or exceed goals and objectives
- Address challenges, issues and opportunities in a direct, timely and constructive manner
partnering appropriately with Human Resources as needed.
- Fairly administer Crystal Glass Canada Ltd. policies and procedures taking timely and appropriate actions to ensure compliance.
- Seek and receive feedback in a positive manner to better facilitate and execute future behaviours, build upon opportunities of improvement and effectively meet company goals and initiatives.
- Act proactively in seeking and sharing current and accurate knowledge as it pertains to all Crystal Glass Canada Ltd. products and services.
- Manage and motivate a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Use information technology to record sales figures and for data analysis and forward planning.
- Deal with staffing issues; interview potential staff, conduct appraisals and performance reviews and provide or organize training and development.
- Promote the organization locally.
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitoring what local competitors are doing.
- Perform any other duties as necessary.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a supervisory role in a retail glass shop environment.
- Have a valid Driver’s license
- Basic office administration skills.
- Negotiable and based on experience possessed
Crystal Glass is an all Canadian Employee owned company since 1949. We offer a competitive benefits package, employee share ownership program.
Only qualified and experienced candidates will be considered for interviews.